Sometimes a fairly simple dish can be the most delicious! I'm bringing back an old favorite from my childhood with this one! I really don't know many who wouldn't like this for dinner. Serve with some fresh bread and perhaps a salad and you have a perfect meal!
Let's get right into how it is made so you can serve this to your family tonight!
1 pound ground beef
1 large green pepper
1 box elbow noodles
1 large jar sauce
- In a large pot, fill half way with water and bring to a boil. Add about 2 tsps. of salt. Add 1 box elbow noodles and stir occasionally.
- Dice 1 green pepper and 1/2 onion. set aside.
- In a large pan, add a tsp of olive oil and bring to a medium/high heat. Add 1 pound of ground beef. I used 90/10 so that it is less fat. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp. garlic powder. Cook meat thoroughly, stirring often.
- Add diced green pepper and onion to the meat and continue to cook.
- Once meat is cooked, add sauce into the pan. I used a spaghetti sauce that had red peppers, wine and Spicy Italian Sausage in it. You may use any sauce of your choice (but the sausage gives it an amazing flavor!) Lower heat to medium and allow the meat and sauce to cook for approx. 5 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once elbow noodles are fully cooked, drain and place them back onto the large pot.
- Add the meat and sauce from the pan, into the large pot, and mix with elbow noodles until well blended.
- Put the goulash into a serving dish a add shredded mozzarella cheese on top (and more on each serving if your dinner guests wish!)