The Queen Bee found her King! (part 1)

Yes, it's true! It took me over 30 years to find him, but this "Queen" has officially found her King!

 
Just a little over a month ago, we got married. Now, this was not a first marriage for either of us, so we wanted to keep it quiet, simple, and stress-free! It was a perfect, no frills wedding! I had already had the big wedding with 100 guests, a big puffy dress, limo and 3 tier cake. I did not feel the need, or even want, for such an elaborate event again. Neither did my groom.
 
Ahhh yes, my groom; I guess I should officially introduce him, shouldn't I? His name is Greg, and he is truly a wonderful man. Now, he is a bit of a private person, so I might not drag him into too many blog posts. However, this one, about us getting married...well, it is sort of hard to leave him out of, right? lol...He will be a good sport about it, I'm sure. Like most blogger's husband's, he probably thinks I'm slightly nuts for all of the picture taking and all, but so far, he is handling it all very well. (Mostly because he is awesome, of course!)

We met a few years ago and dated on and off. Timing was bad on those occasions, but I think when two people really love and care for each other, they find a way to make it happen! We did! We share religious beliefs, morals, values, interests, and work so amazingly together towards common goals. He means the world to me and I can't imagine my life without him in it. (Ok, enough of the mushy talk!)
 
So, as you may have already noticed, this is part one, of a two part series. Part one, right here, is just the announcement of my marriage and a little introduction of my "king". Part two, coming soon, will be a post about how to have the most simple (and therefor also the cheapest) wedding ever! Now, I know those of you getting married for the first time are going to want all the frills and fuss. I totally get that. I did too. However, if you have gone through that before, and find yourself getting married again (yes, we know the statistics on divorce rates these days) then maybe quick and simple is the way to go. So, stay tuned for that post!
 
 
 
Thank you all for taking the time to stop by!
 
Photos courtesy of April Klice Photography and Liz Cleland
 
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! I love your 'We eloped' sign. I look forward to reading more about your wedding in Part 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy aka: HometownQueenBeeMarch 17, 2016 at 6:00 PM

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Awe. You two look so happy. Congratulations!!!! Your ring is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more and see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You look so unbelievably happy! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! ✨💗✨💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You guys look so happy and love the ring! Looking forward to part 2 of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is so awesome! Here's to a happy and healthy life to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts