The Easiest Lasagna Recipe
Big fancy dinners are great, but sometimes you don't have the money or time to prepare something super fancy. Well, you might want to try this recipe then! It's pretty easy to make and doesn't cost too much either. Years ago, when I was going to college and living in my very first apartment, lasagna was the first "real" meal I ever made. I didn't have a written recipe, but I had watched my mom make it enough times to do it from memory. And even upon my first attempt, it came out great! Why? ...Because it really is so easy!
I must tell you, I make a lot at once, so that I can freeze some. So, this recipe is actually for one large (11x13") pan and a smaller (6x9") pan. I freeze the smaller portion, keeping it for when a quick no-prep meal is needed. Sometimes, I'll have a friend of family member that I will give the smaller portion to. If you want to make less, please use the needed amount of ingredients for your own portion size you'd like to make. You can pretty much just eyeball it. There really is no right or wrong in this.
I usually make my lasagna vegetarian. This time however, I used Classico sauce with Italian Sausage in it. It gives it a little meat substance without adding any bit of extra work. Like I said, this is the easiest lasagna recipe everrrrr!
Prep. Time 45 minutes, Cook Time 35 minutes
- 2 boxes lasagna noodles
- 2.5 jars of sauce (I used Classico Italian Sausage)
- 24 oz mushrooms
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 medium sized zucchinis
- 3 medium white onions
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- one large pot
- one large sauté pan
- large baking pan, smaller baking pan
- aluminum foil
- Take a large pot and fill 2/3 with water, put on high heat, add a teaspoon of salt and wait for water to boil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- By this time, the water in the large pot should be boiling; add noodles and stir occasionally.
- Put a little olive oil in the sauté pan on medium/high heat, then add mushrooms. Only sauté them slightly, no need to get them too brown. Once browned, put in a dish and set aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the same sauté pan again, then add the onion. add a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sauté until caramelized, put in a dish and set aside.
- Once noodles are al dente, remove from stove. Strain water.
- Get your baking pans and add a little olive oil on the bottom. Then add a thin layer of sauce. (this will help noodles from sticking to the bottom)
- Start layering your lasagna. Put a layer of noodles down, then mushrooms, zucchini and onions. Put a layer of sauce. Add another layer of noodles, then a layer of cheese and more sauce. Add another layer of noodles for the top layer, then add some additional sauce to the very top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about ten minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve and add a bit of shredded parmesan cheese on top...nothing else left to do but, ENJOY!