A couple weekends ago, it seemed everyone had the same idea...let's make peanut butter kiss cookies! I had picked up some ingredients with plans to make these, and the night I did, my instagram and facebook blew up with everyone else's pictures of their freshly baked kiss cookies! Great minds think alike, right?!? Oh, it must be! So, even though it seems everyone under the sun knows how to make these, I figured I would still share my recipe, for the very few of you who need one for these yummy cookies! These are always a crowd pleaser! My son, Xander, for example, loves these so much, I have to practically hide them so he won't eat a whole batch in one day! I wish I had someone to hid them from me, too!
Ok, so really for this recipe you only need a few ingredients. The only thing I had to pick up special for this, were the Hershey Kisses. Which was no problem here, and most of them did end up on the cookies, I swear! ;) So, besides the kisses, you will need...peanut butter, butter, sugar/brown sugar, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, 1 egg, and salt. No big surprises there, right? Ok, here is the recipe, simply laid out for you!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until mixed well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) in a separate bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients slowly, mixing well, until smooth.
- Roll 24 1" balls and place on a cookie sheet a couple inches apart from one another.
- Gently, make a slight indentation in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool briefly, approx. 3 minutes.
- Place a Hershey Kiss in the middle of each cookie, pressing it down ever so slightly.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
Makes 24 cookies
Thanks for visiting me, The Hometown Queen Bee!
Please stop by again soon!